San Francisco will conclude the 2016-17 regular season where it began – as the state’s top-ranked team in the California Community Colleges Men’s Basketball Coaches Association final poll. The Rams, who secured the north’s No. 1 seed for the playoffs, which begin on Wednesday, was one of three teams to post 26 wins headed into the playoffs. Fullerton, winners of the Orange Empire Conference and the south’s No 1 seeded team for the playoffs, finished second, followed by El Camino-Compton at No. 3, Feather River at No. 4 and Yuba, winners of 17 consecutive games, rounds out the top 5.
1. San Francisco (26-2) — Defending state champions, winners of eight straight, open playoffs as the north’s No. 1 seed.
2. Fullerton (22-6) — Thanks to is 20-point rout of Saddleback in the season finale, Fullerton secures the south’s No. 1 seed.
3. El Camino-Compton Center — El Camino-Compton won 19 of its last 20 games, but had to settle for the No. 2 seed in south.
4. Feather River (23-3) — Feather River was a perfect 10-0 in conference play, one of three teams to go undefeated in conference completion. The Golden Eagles were rewarded with the north’s No. 2 seed.
5. Yuba (26-2) — Yuba, which was 16-0 in conference, takes the state’s longest-winning win streak into the playoffs — 17 in a row. The 49’ers haven’t found gold since December 9 when they lost to North Idaho, 67-63, in the second round of the San Jose Tournament.
6. Saddleback (24-4) — Despite its loss to Fullerton, Saddleback managed to land the south’s No. 3 seed.
7. San Bernardino (23-7) — San Bernardino backed into the south’s No. 4 seed. The Wolverines lost their final two games of the season, resulting in San Bernardino sharing the title with Mt. San Jacinto.
8. Fresno City (17-10) — Fresno City clinched yet another Central Valley Conference, the Rams’ 16th consecutive and with it secured the north’s No. 4 seed.
9. Canada (21-7) — Canada finished up as the conference runner-up to San Francisco, beating back Ohlone for second place in the Coast-North Conference.
10. San Diego City (26-5) — San Diego City was the only south team to post an undefeated conference record. The Knights have won 12 of their last 13 headed into the regionals.
11. Citrus (23-6) — Citrus dropped its season finale and in doing so, the Owls had to share the conference title with Barstow. The loss snapped an eight-game win streak.
12. Santa Rosa (20-8) — Santa Rosa managed to hold off a hard-charging Sacramento City squad for the Big 8 Conference title.
13. Las Positas (21-7) — Las Positas was one of four teams in the Coast-North to win 20 games. Yet, managed just a fourth-place finish in the conference.
14. Mt. San Jacinto (22-10) — Mt. San Jacinto won its final five games of the regular season, and in doing so shared the conference title with San Bernardino Valley.
15. Chaffey (22-8) — Chaffey concluded the regular season sharing the South Coast-North division title with East Los Angeles.
16. Sacramento City (18-10) — Sacramento is on a roll headed into the playoffs. The Panthers won their final seven games, however, it wasn’t enough to catch Santa Rosa for the conference title.
17. Bakersfield (20-9) — In the month of January, Bakersfield played just two games that was decided by 10 points or more. The Renegades hope that never give up attitude carries over the regionals.
18. Butte (19-9) — Butte won six of its final seven games.
19. Diablo Valley (20-9) — Diablo Valley finished in fourth place in the Big 8 Conference, after going 2-3 in its final five games.
20. Cerritos (21-6) — Cerritos recovered from a terrible 2017 start. Losing four of its first five games into the new year, the Falcons take a seven-game win streak into the regional playoffs.
1. San Francisco
2. Feather River
4. Fresno City
6. Santa Rosa
7. Las Positas
8. Sacramento City
10. Diablo Valley
12. San Joaquin Delta
13. American River
2. El Camino-Compton Center
4. San Bernardino Valley
5. San Diego City
7. Mt. San Jacinto
11. East Los Angeles
12. Mt. San Antonio
13. Antelope Valley
15. San Diego Miramar